Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Healed of Cancer, by Dodie Osteen

Last night my spirit was renewed when my father read from this book to me. This tiny little book with only 72 pages is an authentic expression of heart felt gratitude towards our healing God intermingled with the temptations of doubt and defeat of the devil. (Thank you Randy & Simone for the book!) Pat and Cathy shared in my dads reading and Cathy believes I'm ready to give knitting another try (something to do while my dad reads to us!). My soul celebrates the healing that my body is not yet experiencing. I'm using God's strength right now to focus on this somewhat strenuous task of journaling; a seemingly simple task that I've taken for granted all of my writing career. My left eye is fighting an infection and the right side of my face is dropping with my right eye blinking at a retarded pace to the left. No answer has been given for this. I suppose in the end the cause means nothing to me as much as the cure. The legs that allow me to chase Aspen, run up and down stairs, jump rope, walk, bike and basically move have turned from wet noodles to wet bricks. Having that said, they still have the appearance of wet noodles!! They are practically numb to touch yet the weight of them is a constant reminder to me that they are there...this makes good sleep ALMOST impossible. This is all a shock to my system. My body, mind and spirit need strength and everything that surrounds my everyday activities represent a weak body dependant on others care; of which in my humility I am thankful. All that to say, my spirit rejoices and my mind shall follow dispite what my body is screaming!

No comments: