Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Quick Trip to the ER

The sharp shooting pains in my legs come and go with less worries to me than an annoyance that quit frankly keep me singing the "Oooouuuch song". It's a lovely tune really - for the dogs!!! Anyhoot, I haven't thought much of them, hoping they are evidence of my legs coming alive. My oncologist increased my Gabapentin dose to help with these pains and this extra dosage has helped. That's why it was a shock when I woke this morning with a persistant pain in my right heel that moved by evening to the back of my right thigh. This concerned my sister enough to call the oncologist office to see if this should concern us. "Okay, I'll take her in," I heard her say on the phone. My "Oooouuuch song" changed it's tune quickly!! I didn't want to go to the hospital; but yes, I went. She and the doctor were concern that this pain was caused by a blood clog -- which can be...fatal :( The excruciating pain subsided when I agreed to going to the hospital and didn't pick up again until we got the good news - no clogs :) Ah, the mind is a powerful source. I should keep this in mind when I let my mind wander!! All this to say the trip to and from the hospital was less than 3 hours and we know that I'm clog free. The pain is most likely from the nerves. AND now I have a short and sweet hospital visit in my memory to offset my month hospital tour!

4 comments:

Margaret Chaidez said...

short hospital trips are always the best (and usually a rarity). glad to see you are feeling better. The mind over matter theory really can work. Maybe next time for your late night adventure try something more subdued like an ice cream run? :)
Peg

Margaret Nyman said...

Janice...

I'm spechless on reading your blog. Your way with words is priceless and communicates well the agony and the ecstacy you are experiencing. My heart longs to see you step out of that wheelchair... and I believe you will.

We miss you greatly in BIC and love keeping up with you on line. You have much power among us, from your bed/chair/computer. You are a celebrity.

Warmly,
Margaret Nyman

Jackie R. said...

Janice - I am so glad you got to have a quick hospital trip and good news from that trip too! Love you!

Cindy said...

Hello Aunt Janice,

Thank you soo much for blogging what is going on with you! It is nice to know that you enjoy blogging to clear your mind just as I do.

In light of that information, I have included a short excerpt from my blog:

"She is not just an Aunt and a God Mother, she is a role model, a key motivation factor in my life, a moral compass, running partner and an amazing friend." .. to say the least.

I love you so much!

(myspace.com/yakell2110)